1. Celebrating your birthday is as necessary as expressing gratitude.
2. Having a social life without social networking sites. (Really, I’m trying.)
3. Enjoying whatever status you’re now in without telling a soul.
4. Being festive, dressing up and feeling comfortable.
5. Indie movies, documentaries and Tedtalks.
6. Productive days off.
7. A monthly budget.
8. Calling friends for no reason. Everyone needs a little TLC.
- Say Anything. Anything at all.
9. A morning routine.
10. Daily walks.
11. Passion, direction or depth.
12. Be your best friend.
13. Don’t feel any shame or embarrassment about pleasing yourself.
14. Reputation. Think about where you want to be and where you are. Some people make goals and some don’t. One thing to keep in mind, today is all you have, but today can and will affect your tomorrow if you’re reckless.
15. Be comfortable alone, but don’t be lonely.
16.Remember, you always have a choice.
17. Let go of the things you cannot control.
18. Find your creative side, your DIY side or any side you haven’t explored. Experiment with what you love.
19. Live your life. Don’t sell yourself short.
20. Simplify & minimize.
21. Change your appearance.
23. Read more books.
24. Drink warm water in the morning.
25. Practice mindfulness, meditation or any form of relaxation.
26. Eat well & practice mindful eating.
27. Seize opportunities.
28. Balance your life.
29. Get enough sleep.
This January, was the first time I celebrated my birthday. I am so grateful to have opened my eyes to all the love around me. I am amazingly grateful for my life, my friends and everything that has helped me get here. To keep that smile pasted a little while longer, here is Buzz Feed’s 30 Signs You’re Almost 30. It makes me laugh every time.